Focus & Services
- Improving communication and problem solving ability
- Resolving conflicts in relationships
- Healing from infidelity
- Sexual addiction
- Managing family conflict and expectations
- Improving common sexual concerns—such as low desire, incompatibility, sexless marriages
- Providing environment to safely explore the healthy role for non-conforming sexual interests such as BDSM, kink, open relationships, polyamory and other sexual disorders
- Providing premarital counseling and marriage education
- Personal wellness
- Stress management
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Substance abuse recovery
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Anger empowering women
- Sexual identity support
- Gender identity support
- Clinical Supervision for license-seeking professionals
LCSW-C • LICSW •
AASECT Certified Sex Therapist •
Senior Clinician • HeartWerq CST
Lori Shapiro is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with nearly 30 years of experience.
- Senior Clinician at HeartWerq
- Member of AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists)
- Listed in Psychology Today
Lori holds Licenses in:
Maryland • Virginia • Washington D.C. • Florida
Lori is also a qualified:
Marriage & Couples Therapist,
and an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist.
Lori works on solutions together with both
individuals & couples.
From The Desk of
Dear Potential Client,
In my nearly 30-year career, I have worked in a variety of settings, including outpatient mental health, crisis stabilization units, private practice, forensics with clients in the legal system, and foster care. I have a great deal of experience working with clients who identify as LGBTQIA+ and alternate lifestyles.
The Degrees I have earned are from Florida Atlantic University, and Barry University (Master’s in Social Work), as well as certification in sex therapy from the Modern institutes for Sex Therapy.
My training is in effectively using cognitive behavioral therapies with mindfulness. I work on integrating emotionally-focused therapy techniques into my practice with couples as well. My unique ability is to help you feel comfortable discussing any sexual topic, especially people who identify with non-conforming sexual interests such as BDSM and other lifestyles.
First and foremost, my nearly 30 years of practice have taught me that every person, couple, or family,… has unique needs and deserves to be treated as such.
Clients & Colleagues describe me as an active, honest, and engaging therapist who truly helps people move forward in their therapeutic journey, with all matters of difficulty. They appreciate my genuine approach and my “outside-the-box” style. They say they have been provided with a safe space to heal, learn, and grow.
I’m passionate about my practice. It brings me a great deal of satisfaction. I provide a judgment-free zone so that people are able to reveal the nature of their distress and essentially become unstuck. It is my belief people are looking to connect and grow—whether it’s spiritually, psychologically, and/or emotionally. I can help successfully guide clients through this often difficult, yet, exciting process.